Before a patient can begin treatment at Portland Comprehensive Treatment Centers, he or she must complete our admissions and intake process.
To ensure that this process runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible, please carefully review the information on this page.
First, in order to be eligible to receive treatment at one of our six centers, all patients must meet the following criteria.
- Be age 18 or older
- Be opioid dependent for at least one year
- Be in a state of withdrawal for at least 20 to 24 hours (unless pregnant or transferring directly from detox or from another medication assisted treatment program)
Prospective patients who meet the enrollment criteria will be scheduled for an intake appointment at the location where they will receive treatment. All patients must bring the following with them to their intake appointment:
- Proof of a valid identification (either a state-issued ID card, a driver’s license, or a U.S. passport)
- Payment for intake fees at the time of intake, regardless of whether or not treatment will be funded via insurance
- Written consent from OB/GYN to receive medication assisted treatment (if pregnant)
- Records from previous treatment program (if transferring from another program)
The intake process will take between two and four hours. Within this time frame, patients will accomplish the following:
- Complete paperwork that will inquire about personal history, treatment history, psychiatric history, and medical history
- Provide information regarding other drugs or medications that are currently being taken
- Complete a physical examination with one of our physicians
- Provide a urine specimen for a drug screen
- Complete a TB test (unless patient can provide proof of having taken a TB test within the previous two years)
- Take a pregnancy test (if female)
It is important to note that upon completion of intake, patients are not guaranteed that they will receive medication on the first day of services. The decision to prescribe medication on the first day of treatment is made by our medical staff on a case-by-case basis.
For additional information about our admissions criteria and intake procedures, or for answers to any questions you may have about treatment at Portland Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.